CPI-M asks MDMK to reconsider decision of not contesting polls
Chennai: Describing MDMK`s decision of not
contesting the assembly polls as `regrettable,` CPIM`s Tamil
Nadu unit on Sunday appealed to the Vaiko-led party to reconsider
its decision, saying it had an `important part` to play in the
efforts to dethrone the `anti-people` DMK government.
CPI-M state unit secretray G Ramakrishnan said various
parties inlcuding the Left were fighting from the AIADMK-led
alliance to defeat the `scam-tainted` DMK-Congress combine.
"All these parties are fighting from a common platform to
defeat the DMK for its anti-people policies in which MDMK has
an important part to play. Their decision to not contest the
election is regrettable,`` he said in a statement.
Holding that it was important to defeat the DMK-Congress
combine, he urged MDMK to reconsider his decision and play an
`important part in the democratic struggle.`
The Left parties, DMDK and some smaller outfits are all
part of the AIADMK-led front.
Following differences in seat-sharing with its lead
partner AIADMK, MDMK today decided not to participate in the
assembly elections in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre