CPI (M) to support AIADMK in Yercaud bypoll
Chennai: The CPI (M) on Saturday extended its support to the ruling AIADMK in the Yercaud bypoll, scheduled to be held on December 4.
"Taking the national and state political situations and by accepting the request made by AIADMK, CPM has resolved to support the AIADMK candidate in the Yercaud bypoll," CPM state secretary G Ramakrishnan said in a statement.
The bypoll was necessitated by the death of sitting AIADMK MLA C Perumal in July.
DMK has already nominated V Maran as its candidate for the bypoll and urged all opposition parties to extend support to the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption