CPI (M) to support AIADMK in Yercaud bypoll
Chennai: The CPI (M) on Saturday extended its support to the ruling AIADMK in the Yercaud bypoll, scheduled to be held on December 4.
"Taking the national and state political situations and by accepting the request made by AIADMK, CPM has resolved to support the AIADMK candidate in the Yercaud bypoll," CPM state secretary G Ramakrishnan said in a statement.
The bypoll was necessitated by the death of sitting AIADMK MLA C Perumal in July.
DMK has already nominated V Maran as its candidate for the bypoll and urged all opposition parties to extend support to the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’