CPI (M) to support AIADMK in Yercaud bypoll
Chennai: The CPI (M) on Saturday extended its support to the ruling AIADMK in the Yercaud bypoll, scheduled to be held on December 4.
"Taking the national and state political situations and by accepting the request made by AIADMK, CPM has resolved to support the AIADMK candidate in the Yercaud bypoll," CPM state secretary G Ramakrishnan said in a statement.
The bypoll was necessitated by the death of sitting AIADMK MLA C Perumal in July.
DMK has already nominated V Maran as its candidate for the bypoll and urged all opposition parties to extend support to the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand