CPI (M) to support AIADMK in Yercaud bypoll
Chennai: The CPI (M) on Saturday extended its support to the ruling AIADMK in the Yercaud bypoll, scheduled to be held on December 4.
"Taking the national and state political situations and by accepting the request made by AIADMK, CPM has resolved to support the AIADMK candidate in the Yercaud bypoll," CPM state secretary G Ramakrishnan said in a statement.
The bypoll was necessitated by the death of sitting AIADMK MLA C Perumal in July.
DMK has already nominated V Maran as its candidate for the bypoll and urged all opposition parties to extend support to the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Court issues arrest warrant against Vijayakanth, wife
- No plan for women in army combat role, Manohar Parrikar tells Rajya Sabha
- Dues over Rs 800 cr pending against Hotels in NDMC areas
- Emirates plane with more than 300 on board makes emergency landing in Mumbai
- BJP rejects Nitish's claims of slide in crime after prohibition