CPI MLA remanded in police custody
Krishnagiri (TN): CPI MLA T Ramachandran was today remanded to two days in police custody by a local court in the murder case of a Periyar Dravidar Kazhagam district leader.
Police had sought seven days custody to question him.
The MLA, his brother and three others had surrendered at a court in Tiruvanamalai, about 90 km from here on July 30 and were lodged in a jail at Salem.
According to the prosecution, PDK District organising secretary Palani (45) was shot dead and beheaded by a gang on July 5 while he was working at his field with his son.
Based on a statement from him, police registered a case under various sections of IPC against 22 persons, including Ramachandran and his brother Vardarajan.
The MLA, his brother and father-in-law were produced before the judicial magistrate court II here today amid tight security.
Kumar sent the MLA to two days in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days