CPI MLA remanded in police custody
Krishnagiri (TN): CPI MLA T Ramachandran was today remanded to two days in police custody by a local court in the murder case of a Periyar Dravidar Kazhagam district leader.
Police had sought seven days custody to question him.
The MLA, his brother and three others had surrendered at a court in Tiruvanamalai, about 90 km from here on July 30 and were lodged in a jail at Salem.
According to the prosecution, PDK District organising secretary Palani (45) was shot dead and beheaded by a gang on July 5 while he was working at his field with his son.
Based on a statement from him, police registered a case under various sections of IPC against 22 persons, including Ramachandran and his brother Vardarajan.
The MLA, his brother and father-in-law were produced before the judicial magistrate court II here today amid tight security.
Kumar sent the MLA to two days in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur