CPI MLA remanded in police custody
Krishnagiri (TN): CPI MLA T Ramachandran was today remanded to two days in police custody by a local court in the murder case of a Periyar Dravidar Kazhagam district leader.
Police had sought seven days custody to question him.
The MLA, his brother and three others had surrendered at a court in Tiruvanamalai, about 90 km from here on July 30 and were lodged in a jail at Salem.
According to the prosecution, PDK District organising secretary Palani (45) was shot dead and beheaded by a gang on July 5 while he was working at his field with his son.
Based on a statement from him, police registered a case under various sections of IPC against 22 persons, including Ramachandran and his brother Vardarajan.
The MLA, his brother and father-in-law were produced before the judicial magistrate court II here today amid tight security.
Kumar sent the MLA to two days in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan