CPI MLA remanded in police custody
Krishnagiri (TN): CPI MLA T Ramachandran was today remanded to two days in police custody by a local court in the murder case of a Periyar Dravidar Kazhagam district leader.
Police had sought seven days custody to question him.
The MLA, his brother and three others had surrendered at a court in Tiruvanamalai, about 90 km from here on July 30 and were lodged in a jail at Salem.
According to the prosecution, PDK District organising secretary Palani (45) was shot dead and beheaded by a gang on July 5 while he was working at his field with his son.
Based on a statement from him, police registered a case under various sections of IPC against 22 persons, including Ramachandran and his brother Vardarajan.
The MLA, his brother and father-in-law were produced before the judicial magistrate court II here today amid tight security.
Kumar sent the MLA to two days in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you