CPI workers arrested for blocking train in TN
Sivaganga: About 200 CPI workers were arrested in Sivaganga on Tuesday when they blocked a train at the railway station here demanding extension of the Pallavan superfast express up to Manamadurai.
The volunteers blocked the Tiruchi-Rameswaram passenger train before they were arrested.
Shops in sivaganga and Manamadurai remained closed yesterday in support of this demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?