CPI workers arrested for blocking train in TN
Sivaganga: About 200 CPI workers were arrested in Sivaganga on Tuesday when they blocked a train at the railway station here demanding extension of the Pallavan superfast express up to Manamadurai.
The volunteers blocked the Tiruchi-Rameswaram passenger train before they were arrested.
Shops in sivaganga and Manamadurai remained closed yesterday in support of this demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman