CPI workers arrested for blocking train in TN
Sivaganga: About 200 CPI workers were arrested in Sivaganga on Tuesday when they blocked a train at the railway station here demanding extension of the Pallavan superfast express up to Manamadurai.
The volunteers blocked the Tiruchi-Rameswaram passenger train before they were arrested.
Shops in sivaganga and Manamadurai remained closed yesterday in support of this demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states
- South Africa vs New Zealand - 2nd Test, Day 1 - Live cricket score, live streaming
- India, Pak should continue dialogue to address concerns: US
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition