CPI workers arrested for blocking train in TN
Sivaganga: About 200 CPI workers were arrested in Sivaganga on Tuesday when they blocked a train at the railway station here demanding extension of the Pallavan superfast express up to Manamadurai.
The volunteers blocked the Tiruchi-Rameswaram passenger train before they were arrested.
Shops in sivaganga and Manamadurai remained closed yesterday in support of this demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India