CPI(M) to take out rallies against `neo-liberal` policies
Chennai: As part of CPI(M)`s nationwide protest rallies against the `neo-liberal` policies of the Congress-led UPA government, party General Secretary Prakash Karat will address a public meeting at Nagercoil on February 24.
The protest rallies will start from February 24 and culminate at Ramlila Grounds in Delhi on March 19.
Karat, slated to lead a rally at Kolkata, will address the meeting as part of a similar rally starting from Kanyakumari, CPI (M) state unit secretary G Ramakrishnan said.
CPI (M) is scheduled to take out rallies from various parts of the country with senior leaders, Sitaram Yechury and Brinda Karat, scheduled to lead them from Mumbai and Amritsar, he said in a statement here.
The main demands of the protesting leaders include food security for all through the universal PDS, land reforms, education and health for all and ending corruption, he said.
Party`s politburo members, S Ramachandran Pillai, K Varadarajan and MA Baby and Central Committee members V Srinivasarao and Sudha Sundararaman will lead the opening leg of the rally from Kanyakumari on February 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?