Crackdown on land grabbings will continue: Jaya
Tuticorin (TN): Alleging largescale land
grabbing during the previous DMK regime, Tamil Nadu Chief
Minister Jayalalithaa on Thursday asserted that her government would
continue its crackdown on those involved in such acts.
Campaigning for the AIADMK candidates here for the next
week civic elections, she said during the assembly polls she
had promised to retore grabbed land to the rightful owners as
encroachments had taken place on a large scale during the
previous DMK regime.
"Land worth over Rs 625 crore has been retrived. Over
17,000 complaints have been recieved and 755 encroachers
arrested (since AIADMK came to power in May)," she said.
Canvassing votes for AIADMK Mayoral candidate for Tuticorin
corporation Sasikala Pushpa, Jayalalithaa said all legal steps
would be taken in connection with landgrab cases.
She said special police cells had been formed in all
districts and 25 special courts set up to deal with the cases.
A number of senior DMK leaders including former Minsters
Veerapandi S Arumugam, K N Nehru, K Ponmudi, J Anbazhagan MLA
are facing land grabbing charges.
Reiterating that her government was working on
"war-footing," to address the power shortage, she said power
cuts were gradually coming down and assured to turn the
state power cut-free by next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'