Cricket and diplomacy should be kept separate: BJP
Chennai: BJP on Thursday said cricket and diplomacy
between India and Pakistan should be kept separate and the
game allowed to remain a game.
"Let the game be game. Dialogue diplomacy should be
separated from cricket," senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj
told reporters at the BJP state headquarters.
Responding to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s invitation
to his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani to watch
yesterday`s semi-final encounter between the two countries at
Mohali which India won, she initially described it as "thing
of the past."
However,pressed for her party`s reaction, the opposition
leader in the Lok Sabha said games and diplomacy should be
The BJP leader is here for campaigning for the April 13
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'