Cricket and diplomacy should be kept separate: BJP
Chennai: BJP on Thursday said cricket and diplomacy
between India and Pakistan should be kept separate and the
game allowed to remain a game.
"Let the game be game. Dialogue diplomacy should be
separated from cricket," senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj
told reporters at the BJP state headquarters.
Responding to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s invitation
to his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani to watch
yesterday`s semi-final encounter between the two countries at
Mohali which India won, she initially described it as "thing
of the past."
However,pressed for her party`s reaction, the opposition
leader in the Lok Sabha said games and diplomacy should be
The BJP leader is here for campaigning for the April 13
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city