Crime rate in Tamil Nadu lowest in the country: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Thursday claimed that Tamil Nadu has the lowest crime rate in the country and that her government is committed to maintaining law and order in the state.
She stated this when DMDK deputy floor leader Alagapuram Mohanraj alleged that the crime rate was increasing in the state.
The Chief Minister said, "There can be no state or country which can be crime free. We have to look at the crime rate. Tamil Nadu has the lowest crime rate in the country."
Citing her earlier address thanking the Governor`s address in the Assembly, she said the police force was committed to maintaining law and order in the state.
Jayalalithaa said her government has created over 24,503 vacancies in the police force and also selected 10,099 youths to be placed in the Tamil Nadu Special Police Youth Brigade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read