Crime rate in Tamil Nadu lowest in the country: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Thursday claimed that Tamil Nadu has the lowest crime rate in the country and that her government is committed to maintaining law and order in the state.
She stated this when DMDK deputy floor leader Alagapuram Mohanraj alleged that the crime rate was increasing in the state.
The Chief Minister said, "There can be no state or country which can be crime free. We have to look at the crime rate. Tamil Nadu has the lowest crime rate in the country."
Citing her earlier address thanking the Governor`s address in the Assembly, she said the police force was committed to maintaining law and order in the state.
Jayalalithaa said her government has created over 24,503 vacancies in the police force and also selected 10,099 youths to be placed in the Tamil Nadu Special Police Youth Brigade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states
- South Africa vs New Zealand - 2nd Test, Day 1 - Live cricket score, live streaming
- India, Pak should continue dialogue to address concerns: US