Crime rate in Tamil Nadu lowest in the country: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Thursday claimed that Tamil Nadu has the lowest crime rate in the country and that her government is committed to maintaining law and order in the state.
She stated this when DMDK deputy floor leader Alagapuram Mohanraj alleged that the crime rate was increasing in the state.
The Chief Minister said, "There can be no state or country which can be crime free. We have to look at the crime rate. Tamil Nadu has the lowest crime rate in the country."
Citing her earlier address thanking the Governor`s address in the Assembly, she said the police force was committed to maintaining law and order in the state.
Jayalalithaa said her government has created over 24,503 vacancies in the police force and also selected 10,099 youths to be placed in the Tamil Nadu Special Police Youth Brigade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city