CRPF personnel being trained in sharp shooting
Coimbatore: A batch of 30 personnel are being
trained as snipers at the CRPF Central Training College on the
city`s outskirts, to be deployed in Maoist-affected areas in
the country, a top CRPF official said on Friday.
They would be given training in sharp shooting by which
they would be able to fire at a 1 km target with the help of
telescopic sight, Kishore Prasad, Commandant, CRPF, CTC, told
"The snipers will be deployed at various areas infested
by Maoists." Depending on the demand, more number of personnel
are expected to come for training at CTC, which has a first
class firing range, compared to other CRPF Centres, he said.
Training is also being given in National Disaster
Management, including Nuclear Biological Chemical Disaster, at
CTC, the only nodal centre in the country, he said, adding
the College has latest equipment by which top class training
could be imparted to the force.
After completion of the six-week course at the CTC in
Kuvudampalayam, the personnel would be deputed to the
The CRPF, with strength of over three lakh personnel with
218 battalions, would add 18 more battalions, including two
for women, within four years, he said.
One women battalion is being raised at Ajmer and location
is being identified for the other one, Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter