CSG steps up vigil in Rameswaram after Infiltration alert
Rameswaram (TN): A security system has been put in place and Coastal Security Group deployed off Rameswaram to completely block infiltration through sea, a CSG official said here today.
"Coastal Security Group has been deployed in the area after police received information that ISI agents could infiltrate India from Sri lanka via Palk Straits. A new security system has been put in place to totally prevent infiltration," Jyoti Basu, in-charge of CSG, Rameswaram, told PTI.
Basu said police had also conducted a thorough search of 21 islands dotting Palk Straits to ascertain if `outsiders` were camping there and to seize weapons and bombs, if any.
People in the coastal hamlet had also been warned of possible infiltration and have been asked to inform police if they found movement of any strangers.
Security had been beefed up here as part of a state-wide alert after the twin blasts in a train in Chennai on May 1, which killed a woman and injured 14 others.
Police said committees had been formed in all coastal hamlets to inform them if they come across anything suspicious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic