CSG steps up vigil in Rameswaram after Infiltration alert
Rameswaram (TN): A security system has been put in place and Coastal Security Group deployed off Rameswaram to completely block infiltration through sea, a CSG official said here today.
"Coastal Security Group has been deployed in the area after police received information that ISI agents could infiltrate India from Sri lanka via Palk Straits. A new security system has been put in place to totally prevent infiltration," Jyoti Basu, in-charge of CSG, Rameswaram, told PTI.
Basu said police had also conducted a thorough search of 21 islands dotting Palk Straits to ascertain if `outsiders` were camping there and to seize weapons and bombs, if any.
People in the coastal hamlet had also been warned of possible infiltration and have been asked to inform police if they found movement of any strangers.
Security had been beefed up here as part of a state-wide alert after the twin blasts in a train in Chennai on May 1, which killed a woman and injured 14 others.
Police said committees had been formed in all coastal hamlets to inform them if they come across anything suspicious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown