CSG steps up vigil in Rameswaram after Infiltration alert
Rameswaram (TN): A security system has been put in place and Coastal Security Group deployed off Rameswaram to completely block infiltration through sea, a CSG official said here today.
"Coastal Security Group has been deployed in the area after police received information that ISI agents could infiltrate India from Sri lanka via Palk Straits. A new security system has been put in place to totally prevent infiltration," Jyoti Basu, in-charge of CSG, Rameswaram, told PTI.
Basu said police had also conducted a thorough search of 21 islands dotting Palk Straits to ascertain if `outsiders` were camping there and to seize weapons and bombs, if any.
People in the coastal hamlet had also been warned of possible infiltration and have been asked to inform police if they found movement of any strangers.
Security had been beefed up here as part of a state-wide alert after the twin blasts in a train in Chennai on May 1, which killed a woman and injured 14 others.
Police said committees had been formed in all coastal hamlets to inform them if they come across anything suspicious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users