CSG steps up vigil in Rameswaram after Infiltration alert
Rameswaram (TN): A security system has been put in place and Coastal Security Group deployed off Rameswaram to completely block infiltration through sea, a CSG official said here today.
"Coastal Security Group has been deployed in the area after police received information that ISI agents could infiltrate India from Sri lanka via Palk Straits. A new security system has been put in place to totally prevent infiltration," Jyoti Basu, in-charge of CSG, Rameswaram, told PTI.
Basu said police had also conducted a thorough search of 21 islands dotting Palk Straits to ascertain if `outsiders` were camping there and to seize weapons and bombs, if any.
People in the coastal hamlet had also been warned of possible infiltration and have been asked to inform police if they found movement of any strangers.
Security had been beefed up here as part of a state-wide alert after the twin blasts in a train in Chennai on May 1, which killed a woman and injured 14 others.
Police said committees had been formed in all coastal hamlets to inform them if they come across anything suspicious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list