Currency seized from two Sri Lankans
Madurai: Central Prison officials here have
seized currency notes, including US Dollar, from two Sri
Lankan under trial prisoners.
Officials said Kisvelitala (32) and Ravichandran (29),
lodged in the Puzhal Prison in Chennai after their arrest a
few months ago for illegally entering the country, were
brought here in connection with the case in a Ramanathapuram
The duo landed in Rameswaram in an illegal boat and
were arrested by the Indian Coast Guard officials. They were
lodged in Puzhal Prison in Chennai.
They were brought to Madurai prison around midnight on
November 10. When prison officials checked them, they found a
20$ note besides Rs 930. The money had been handed over
to the police, officials said on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency