Currency seized from two Sri Lankans
Madurai: Central Prison officials here have
seized currency notes, including US Dollar, from two Sri
Lankan under trial prisoners.
Officials said Kisvelitala (32) and Ravichandran (29),
lodged in the Puzhal Prison in Chennai after their arrest a
few months ago for illegally entering the country, were
brought here in connection with the case in a Ramanathapuram
The duo landed in Rameswaram in an illegal boat and
were arrested by the Indian Coast Guard officials. They were
lodged in Puzhal Prison in Chennai.
They were brought to Madurai prison around midnight on
November 10. When prison officials checked them, they found a
20$ note besides Rs 930. The money had been handed over
to the police, officials said on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender