Currency seized from two Sri Lankans
Madurai: Central Prison officials here have
seized currency notes, including US Dollar, from two Sri
Lankan under trial prisoners.
Officials said Kisvelitala (32) and Ravichandran (29),
lodged in the Puzhal Prison in Chennai after their arrest a
few months ago for illegally entering the country, were
brought here in connection with the case in a Ramanathapuram
The duo landed in Rameswaram in an illegal boat and
were arrested by the Indian Coast Guard officials. They were
lodged in Puzhal Prison in Chennai.
They were brought to Madurai prison around midnight on
November 10. When prison officials checked them, they found a
20$ note besides Rs 930. The money had been handed over
to the police, officials said on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti says she 'felt ashamed as a Muslim', stirs controversy — Read details
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries