Currency seized from two Sri Lankans
Madurai: Central Prison officials here have
seized currency notes, including US Dollar, from two Sri
Lankan under trial prisoners.
Officials said Kisvelitala (32) and Ravichandran (29),
lodged in the Puzhal Prison in Chennai after their arrest a
few months ago for illegally entering the country, were
brought here in connection with the case in a Ramanathapuram
The duo landed in Rameswaram in an illegal boat and
were arrested by the Indian Coast Guard officials. They were
lodged in Puzhal Prison in Chennai.
They were brought to Madurai prison around midnight on
November 10. When prison officials checked them, they found a
20$ note besides Rs 930. The money had been handed over
to the police, officials said on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!