Cyclone Thane: CPI-M MLAs to donate 1 month salary
Chennai: CPI-M MLAs in Tamil Nadu would
donate their one month`s salary to the Chief Minister`s
General Releif Fund to be used for relief work in cyclone
Thane-battered Cuddalore district, the party said on Saturday.
Party`s state unit Secretary G Ramakrishnan said the
party`s ten MLAs will donate their one month salary (Rs
50,000 per MLA).
"The Centre`s (interim relief) of Rs 500 crore is not
enough. It should sanction the sum (of Rs 5,249 crore) sought
by Tamil Nadu Government," he said in a statement.
The state government should speed up the relief work in the
cylone affected districts, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India