DA case: Court orders Jaya to personally appear
Bangalore: In a setback to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, a special court here on Friday rejected her application seeking exemption from personal appearance in the disproportionate asset case.
Special Court Judge BM Mallikarjunaiah also rejected Jayalalithaa`s pleas for allowing her to make a written statement and permission to depose through video conferencing.
The court also rejected prayer by Jayalithaa`s senior counsel B Kumar seeking deferment of the 313 CrPC proceedings (power to examine the accused) till September 14 on grounds that the Tamil Nadu Assembly budget session was on and she being the Chief Minister had to be present necessarily present during the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket