DA case: Court orders Jaya to personally appear
Bangalore: In a setback to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, a special court here on Friday rejected her application seeking exemption from personal appearance in the disproportionate asset case.
Special Court Judge BM Mallikarjunaiah also rejected Jayalalithaa`s pleas for allowing her to make a written statement and permission to depose through video conferencing.
The court also rejected prayer by Jayalithaa`s senior counsel B Kumar seeking deferment of the 313 CrPC proceedings (power to examine the accused) till September 14 on grounds that the Tamil Nadu Assembly budget session was on and she being the Chief Minister had to be present necessarily present during the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed