DA case: Court orders Jaya to personally appear
Bangalore: In a setback to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, a special court here on Friday rejected her application seeking exemption from personal appearance in the disproportionate asset case.
Special Court Judge BM Mallikarjunaiah also rejected Jayalalithaa`s pleas for allowing her to make a written statement and permission to depose through video conferencing.
The court also rejected prayer by Jayalithaa`s senior counsel B Kumar seeking deferment of the 313 CrPC proceedings (power to examine the accused) till September 14 on grounds that the Tamil Nadu Assembly budget session was on and she being the Chief Minister had to be present necessarily present during the session.
- Indian man hacks Dawood Ibrahim's call details, plans to give many secret details to PM Modi
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...