DA case: Court orders Jaya to personally appear
Bangalore: In a setback to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, a special court here on Friday rejected her application seeking exemption from personal appearance in the disproportionate asset case.
Special Court Judge BM Mallikarjunaiah also rejected Jayalalithaa`s pleas for allowing her to make a written statement and permission to depose through video conferencing.
The court also rejected prayer by Jayalithaa`s senior counsel B Kumar seeking deferment of the 313 CrPC proceedings (power to examine the accused) till September 14 on grounds that the Tamil Nadu Assembly budget session was on and she being the Chief Minister had to be present necessarily present during the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested