DA case: Jaya resumes deposition
Bangalore: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa on Tuesday resumed her deposition before a special
court here for the third time in connection with the Rs 66
crore disproportionate asset case against her and two others.
Jayalalithaa landed at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
airport and immediately proceeded to the special court near
Parapparana Agra Central Jail premises on the city outskirts.
Bangalore city police have imposed prohibitory orders
around the Parappana Jail premises from 0600 hours today to
midnight of tomorrow. A tight security blanket has been thrown
around jail and also from the HAL airport upto the prison.
The Chief Minister was accompanied by her close friend
Sasikala Natarajan and Jayalalithaa`s adopted son V
Sudhakaran, the other accused in the 15-year-old case.
Jayalalithaa, who appeared before the court on October 20
and 21, still has to answer 768 questions as her deposition
remained inconclusive last month when she replied to about 571
of 1339 framed by the court.
Special Court Judge BM Malliarjunaiah on November 8 had
posted the hearing to today after Jayalalithaa moved an
application seeking postponing of the hearing.
The Supreme Court had earlier rejected her plea for
personal exemption from appearance and for furnishing written
replies on the remaining questions and directed her to appear
in person today.
Jayalalithaa has been charged with accumulation of wealth
disproportionate to her known sources of income when she was
the chief minister between 1991-96.
The trial was transferred from a Chennai court to Bangalore
in 2003 by the Supreme Court on a petition by DMK General
Secretary K Anbazhagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'