Daily wages under MNREGA hiked
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday increased the daily wages under the centrally-sponsored MNREGA in the state by Rs 13, benefiting about 25 lakh workers.
"Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has directed increasing the daily wages to Rs 132 from Rs 119," a state government release here said.
The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Act (MNREGA), a flagship poverty eradication programme of the UPA government, envisages providing 100 days of employment to the rural poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi