Daily wages under MNREGA hiked
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday increased the daily wages under the centrally-sponsored MNREGA in the state by Rs 13, benefiting about 25 lakh workers.
"Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has directed increasing the daily wages to Rs 132 from Rs 119," a state government release here said.
The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Act (MNREGA), a flagship poverty eradication programme of the UPA government, envisages providing 100 days of employment to the rural poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital