Daily wages under MNREGA hiked
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday increased the daily wages under the centrally-sponsored MNREGA in the state by Rs 13, benefiting about 25 lakh workers.
"Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has directed increasing the daily wages to Rs 132 from Rs 119," a state government release here said.
The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Act (MNREGA), a flagship poverty eradication programme of the UPA government, envisages providing 100 days of employment to the rural poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days