Daily wages under MNREGA hiked
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday increased the daily wages under the centrally-sponsored MNREGA in the state by Rs 13, benefiting about 25 lakh workers.
"Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has directed increasing the daily wages to Rs 132 from Rs 119," a state government release here said.
The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Act (MNREGA), a flagship poverty eradication programme of the UPA government, envisages providing 100 days of employment to the rural poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation