Dalit outfit seeks action against Ramadoss
Madurai: A Dalit organisation has filed a complaint with police seeking action against PMK founder leader Dr S Ramadoss for his alleged derogatory remarks against Dalit youths.
Tamil Puligal (Tamil tigers) State Deputy Secretary Meyappan in his complaint alleged that Ramadoss had made certain remarks about inter-caste love marriages which were defamatory in nature. Hence the Police should take action agains him, he said.
Ramadoss has recently launched a forum of non-Dalit caste-based outfits to campaign for amendments to SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, to prevent its misuse and protect women against fake inter-caste marriages".
To protect the rights of other castes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah