Dalit outfit seeks action against Ramadoss
Madurai: A Dalit organisation has filed a complaint with police seeking action against PMK founder leader Dr S Ramadoss for his alleged derogatory remarks against Dalit youths.
Tamil Puligal (Tamil tigers) State Deputy Secretary Meyappan in his complaint alleged that Ramadoss had made certain remarks about inter-caste love marriages which were defamatory in nature. Hence the Police should take action agains him, he said.
Ramadoss has recently launched a forum of non-Dalit caste-based outfits to campaign for amendments to SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, to prevent its misuse and protect women against fake inter-caste marriages".
To protect the rights of other castes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics