Dalit youth’s death: Madras HC to decide on second autopsy today
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: As the post-mortem examination report says the cause of death of 19-year-old E Ilavarasan of Dharmapuri district was a head injury and police sources claiming it s a suicide case, the Madras High Court on Monday will view on Tuesday the video recording of post-mortem of the Dalit youth to decide whether or not a second autopsy should be ordered.
This comes after, a division bench comprising Justices V Dhanapalan and CT Selvam passed the interim order which also directed that the body of E Ilavarasan be preserved till further order, on a petition filed by his friend Ramesh seeking a second post-mortem.
The bench said it would view the video recording in the presence of Dr V Dekal, a forensic expert, a doctor of the petitioner`s choice, a doctor from the premier central health institute JIPMER in Puducherry and one of the doctors who performed the first post-mortem on July 5 in the Dharmapuri Government Medical College Hospital.
Ilavarasan’s marriage to Divya a Vanniayar (Kshatriya) last August had resulted in caste violence in three villages of the district.
Ilavarasan was found dead near a railway track in Dharmapuri district, around 380 km from here, July 4. While the post-mortem concluded that the Dalit youth died of serious head injuries, his family members and Dalit outfits have been maintaining that he had been done to death.
Divya`s father committed suicide after bearing the brunt of taunts from fellow-residents of Sellamkottai village.
Appearing before a division bench of the Madras High Court last week, Divya told the court that her mother was lonely and she would live with her. She told reporters that her relationship with Illavarasan was over.
The next day, Ilavarasan, who had been missing for a few days, was found dead near the railway tracks. The police suspected it was a case of suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok