Dalit youth’s death: Madras HC to decide on second autopsy today
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: As the post-mortem examination report says the cause of death of 19-year-old E Ilavarasan of Dharmapuri district was a head injury and police sources claiming it s a suicide case, the Madras High Court on Monday will view on Tuesday the video recording of post-mortem of the Dalit youth to decide whether or not a second autopsy should be ordered.
This comes after, a division bench comprising Justices V Dhanapalan and CT Selvam passed the interim order which also directed that the body of E Ilavarasan be preserved till further order, on a petition filed by his friend Ramesh seeking a second post-mortem.
The bench said it would view the video recording in the presence of Dr V Dekal, a forensic expert, a doctor of the petitioner`s choice, a doctor from the premier central health institute JIPMER in Puducherry and one of the doctors who performed the first post-mortem on July 5 in the Dharmapuri Government Medical College Hospital.
Ilavarasan’s marriage to Divya a Vanniayar (Kshatriya) last August had resulted in caste violence in three villages of the district.
Ilavarasan was found dead near a railway track in Dharmapuri district, around 380 km from here, July 4. While the post-mortem concluded that the Dalit youth died of serious head injuries, his family members and Dalit outfits have been maintaining that he had been done to death.
Divya`s father committed suicide after bearing the brunt of taunts from fellow-residents of Sellamkottai village.
Appearing before a division bench of the Madras High Court last week, Divya told the court that her mother was lonely and she would live with her. She told reporters that her relationship with Illavarasan was over.
The next day, Ilavarasan, who had been missing for a few days, was found dead near the railway tracks. The police suspected it was a case of suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi