Dalit youth’s death: Madras HC to decide on second autopsy today
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: As the post-mortem examination report says the cause of death of 19-year-old E Ilavarasan of Dharmapuri district was a head injury and police sources claiming it s a suicide case, the Madras High Court on Monday will view on Tuesday the video recording of post-mortem of the Dalit youth to decide whether or not a second autopsy should be ordered.
This comes after, a division bench comprising Justices V Dhanapalan and CT Selvam passed the interim order which also directed that the body of E Ilavarasan be preserved till further order, on a petition filed by his friend Ramesh seeking a second post-mortem.
The bench said it would view the video recording in the presence of Dr V Dekal, a forensic expert, a doctor of the petitioner`s choice, a doctor from the premier central health institute JIPMER in Puducherry and one of the doctors who performed the first post-mortem on July 5 in the Dharmapuri Government Medical College Hospital.
Ilavarasan’s marriage to Divya a Vanniayar (Kshatriya) last August had resulted in caste violence in three villages of the district.
Ilavarasan was found dead near a railway track in Dharmapuri district, around 380 km from here, July 4. While the post-mortem concluded that the Dalit youth died of serious head injuries, his family members and Dalit outfits have been maintaining that he had been done to death.
Divya`s father committed suicide after bearing the brunt of taunts from fellow-residents of Sellamkottai village.
Appearing before a division bench of the Madras High Court last week, Divya told the court that her mother was lonely and she would live with her. She told reporters that her relationship with Illavarasan was over.
The next day, Ilavarasan, who had been missing for a few days, was found dead near the railway tracks. The police suspected it was a case of suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered