Decapitated body of murder accused found in river
Namakkal: The decapitated body of a murder accused was found in the Cauvery river at Pallipalayam in the district, police said Tuesday.
Namakkal Police Superintendent S.Kannamma said a man`s headless body with the stomach ripped open was fished out from the river yesterday.
The head was traced later, the Superintendent said, adding, some tatoos on the hand helped police identify the deceased as Avathipalayam Aamaiyan (35), an accused in the murder of CPI Pallipalayam executive member Veluswamy in 2010.
Aamaiyan was arrested in 2010 and lodged in Coimbatore central prison under judicial remand. He was released on parole a month ago, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'