Decapitated body of murder accused found in river
Namakkal: The decapitated body of a murder accused was found in the Cauvery river at Pallipalayam in the district, police said Tuesday.
Namakkal Police Superintendent S.Kannamma said a man`s headless body with the stomach ripped open was fished out from the river yesterday.
The head was traced later, the Superintendent said, adding, some tatoos on the hand helped police identify the deceased as Avathipalayam Aamaiyan (35), an accused in the murder of CPI Pallipalayam executive member Veluswamy in 2010.
Aamaiyan was arrested in 2010 and lodged in Coimbatore central prison under judicial remand. He was released on parole a month ago, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional