Deep depression to weaken into depression in 12 hours
Chennai: A deep depression over Bay of Bengal would further weaken into a depression in the next 12 hours and bring rain under its influence to Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, Indian Meterological Department on Wednesday said.
The deep depression over west central Bay of Bengal moved slightly southwestward, and lay centered at 11.30 hours about 380 km southeast of Machillipatnam, 370 km east-northeast of Chennai and 620 km north-northeast of Trincomalee in Sri Lanka, IMD said in a bulletin.
"It would move further southwestwards and weaken into depression during next 12 hours. Under the influence of this system, rainfall would occur at isolated places over coastal Andhra Pradesh, coastal Tamil Nadu and Puducherry during next 24 hours," it said.
Rainfall would occur at many places over Tamil Nadu andPuducherry with isolated heavy rainfall over coastal Tamil Nadu during subsequent 48 hours, it said.
The bulletin also advised fishermen along and off NorthTamil Nadu, Puducherry and south Andhra Pradesh coasts against venturing into the sea during next 24 hours, starting 0830 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Turkey to abolish visas for EU states including Cyprus under migrant deal
- Ravi Rampaul reveals shocking reason for not being picked in West Indian team
- IPL 2016, Match 31: GL vs DD - As it happened...
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Mamata Banerjee trying to influence polls with police help: CPI-M