Defamation cases: Court issues summons to Karunanidhi, Stalin
Chennai: A local court on Wednesday ordered issue of summons to DMK chief M Karunanidhi, his son and party treasurer MK Stalin besides publishers and editors of two English dailies in various defamation cases filed by the Jayalalithaa government.
Principal Sessions Judge P Kalayarasan ordered issue of summons to Karunanidhi and S Selvam, printer, publisher and editor of `Murasoli`, the DMK mouthpiece, to appear before the court on October 10 in connection with an article, which criticised Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s recent stay in Kodanad estate.
The court also ordered issue of summons to Stalin along with a printer and publisher of a daily and its editor to appear before it on October 10 in connection with an article on Jayalalithaa`s stay at Kodanad.
It also ordered issue of summons to Stalin and Selvam on the same day in another case in connection with the former`s criticism on the government filing defamation cases against newspapers.
On another complaint, it ordered DMDK founder Vijayakant and a printer and publisher of another daily and its editor to appear before it on October 15 in connection with an article with the DMDK leader`s criticism of the chief minister.
It also summoned PMK founder S Ramadoss and printer and publisher and reporter of a vernacular magazine to appear before it in connection with an interview published in it, before October 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?