Defamation cases: Court issues summons to Karunanidhi, Stalin
Chennai: A local court on Wednesday ordered issue of summons to DMK chief M Karunanidhi, his son and party treasurer MK Stalin besides publishers and editors of two English dailies in various defamation cases filed by the Jayalalithaa government.
Principal Sessions Judge P Kalayarasan ordered issue of summons to Karunanidhi and S Selvam, printer, publisher and editor of `Murasoli`, the DMK mouthpiece, to appear before the court on October 10 in connection with an article, which criticised Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s recent stay in Kodanad estate.
The court also ordered issue of summons to Stalin along with a printer and publisher of a daily and its editor to appear before it on October 10 in connection with an article on Jayalalithaa`s stay at Kodanad.
It also ordered issue of summons to Stalin and Selvam on the same day in another case in connection with the former`s criticism on the government filing defamation cases against newspapers.
On another complaint, it ordered DMDK founder Vijayakant and a printer and publisher of another daily and its editor to appear before it on October 15 in connection with an article with the DMDK leader`s criticism of the chief minister.
It also summoned PMK founder S Ramadoss and printer and publisher and reporter of a vernacular magazine to appear before it in connection with an interview published in it, before October 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in