Dejected lovers end life together in TN
Udhagamandalam (TN): Dejected over the refusal by elders to let them get married, two lovers allegedly committed suicide by hanging, using a single saree at Kolakambai near Coonoor, about 20 km from here.
Ganesan (23) and Shanti (21) of Adivasi Colony were in love for the last couple of years and wanted to get married. However, since Ganesan was suffering from a peculiar disease `Sickle Cell Anemia`, Shanti`s parents were opposing the proposal, police said.
Upset over this, Ganesan and Shanti allegedly hung themselves from a tree branch using both ends of a saree, they said adding the bodies were noticed by some shepherd boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details