Dejected lovers end life together in TN
Udhagamandalam (TN): Dejected over the refusal by elders to let them get married, two lovers allegedly committed suicide by hanging, using a single saree at Kolakambai near Coonoor, about 20 km from here.
Ganesan (23) and Shanti (21) of Adivasi Colony were in love for the last couple of years and wanted to get married. However, since Ganesan was suffering from a peculiar disease `Sickle Cell Anemia`, Shanti`s parents were opposing the proposal, police said.
Upset over this, Ganesan and Shanti allegedly hung themselves from a tree branch using both ends of a saree, they said adding the bodies were noticed by some shepherd boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch