Deportation of Prabhakaran`s mother: MDMK workers hunger strike
Chennai: MDMK founder leader Vaiko, a staunch
LTTE supporter and party workers staged a one-day hunger
strike here in protest against the recent deportation of slain
LTTE chief Prabhakaran`s ailing mother to Malaysia after she
arrived here from that country.
The hunger strike, under the leadership of Tamil
Nationalist Movement leader P Nedumaran, was staged near the
Rajaratnam stadium at Egmore in the city.
Prabhakaran`s mother Parvathy who was undergoing treatment
in Malaysia, arrived in Chennai on the night of April 16, but
was deported immediately as the Central government had not
granted permission for her stay in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre