Deportation of Prabhakaran`s mother: MDMK workers hunger strike
Chennai: MDMK founder leader Vaiko, a staunch
LTTE supporter and party workers staged a one-day hunger
strike here in protest against the recent deportation of slain
LTTE chief Prabhakaran`s ailing mother to Malaysia after she
arrived here from that country.
The hunger strike, under the leadership of Tamil
Nationalist Movement leader P Nedumaran, was staged near the
Rajaratnam stadium at Egmore in the city.
Prabhakaran`s mother Parvathy who was undergoing treatment
in Malaysia, arrived in Chennai on the night of April 16, but
was deported immediately as the Central government had not
granted permission for her stay in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday