Detention of PMK workers under NSA quashed: Ramadoss
Chennai: PMK leader S Ramadoss on Tuesday said the Union Home Ministry has quashed the detention of 20 of his party colleagues including an MLA under National Security Act.
PMK MLA J Guru and many others were detained under the NSA by Tamil Nadu government in the aftermath of the Marakkanam violence in April which was allegedly aimed against the Dalits.
"They (NSA detainees) appealed before the Union Home Ministry and it found no grounds for their detention under NSA," Ramadoss said in a statement.
The Union Home Ministry found no grounds under 11 provisions in this regard for them to be detained under NSA, he said, adding, 20 persons including Guru will be released in a couple of days after due legal procedures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men