Detention of PMK workers under NSA quashed: Ramadoss
Chennai: PMK leader S Ramadoss on Tuesday said the Union Home Ministry has quashed the detention of 20 of his party colleagues including an MLA under National Security Act.
PMK MLA J Guru and many others were detained under the NSA by Tamil Nadu government in the aftermath of the Marakkanam violence in April which was allegedly aimed against the Dalits.
"They (NSA detainees) appealed before the Union Home Ministry and it found no grounds for their detention under NSA," Ramadoss said in a statement.
The Union Home Ministry found no grounds under 11 provisions in this regard for them to be detained under NSA, he said, adding, 20 persons including Guru will be released in a couple of days after due legal procedures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Infosys names Anantha Radhakrishnan as new BPO head
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO