Detention of PMK workers under NSA quashed: Ramadoss
Chennai: PMK leader S Ramadoss on Tuesday said the Union Home Ministry has quashed the detention of 20 of his party colleagues including an MLA under National Security Act.
PMK MLA J Guru and many others were detained under the NSA by Tamil Nadu government in the aftermath of the Marakkanam violence in April which was allegedly aimed against the Dalits.
"They (NSA detainees) appealed before the Union Home Ministry and it found no grounds for their detention under NSA," Ramadoss said in a statement.
The Union Home Ministry found no grounds under 11 provisions in this regard for them to be detained under NSA, he said, adding, 20 persons including Guru will be released in a couple of days after due legal procedures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...