Detention of PMK workers under NSA quashed: Ramadoss
Chennai: PMK leader S Ramadoss on Tuesday said the Union Home Ministry has quashed the detention of 20 of his party colleagues including an MLA under National Security Act.
PMK MLA J Guru and many others were detained under the NSA by Tamil Nadu government in the aftermath of the Marakkanam violence in April which was allegedly aimed against the Dalits.
"They (NSA detainees) appealed before the Union Home Ministry and it found no grounds for their detention under NSA," Ramadoss said in a statement.
The Union Home Ministry found no grounds under 11 provisions in this regard for them to be detained under NSA, he said, adding, 20 persons including Guru will be released in a couple of days after due legal procedures.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India