Detonators, gelatin rods seized in Salem
Salem: Two persons were arrested after police seized 834 detonators and 275 gelatin sticks from their vehicles at Karumanthurai near here.
The two tractors carrying detonators and gelatin sticks were seized during a vehicle check up last night.
The explosive materials were kept in gunny bags in their vehicles, police said today.
While 600 detonators and 75 gelatin sticks were found in one tractor, the other vehicle carried 234 detonators and 200 gelatin sticks, police said, adding, it was suspected that the two were transporting the explosive materials for stone quarries in Karumanthurai area.
Cases were registered against them under various sections of Indian Explosives Substances Act, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli
- Three Kosovans among dead in Munich shooting: Ministry
- Bangladeshi national held near international border in Jammu
- New 'talk therapy' cheap, effective for treating depression