Detonators, gelatin rods seized in Salem
Salem: Two persons were arrested after police seized 834 detonators and 275 gelatin sticks from their vehicles at Karumanthurai near here.
The two tractors carrying detonators and gelatin sticks were seized during a vehicle check up last night.
The explosive materials were kept in gunny bags in their vehicles, police said today.
While 600 detonators and 75 gelatin sticks were found in one tractor, the other vehicle carried 234 detonators and 200 gelatin sticks, police said, adding, it was suspected that the two were transporting the explosive materials for stone quarries in Karumanthurai area.
Cases were registered against them under various sections of Indian Explosives Substances Act, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?