Detonators, gelatin rods seized in Salem
Salem: Two persons were arrested after police seized 834 detonators and 275 gelatin sticks from their vehicles at Karumanthurai near here.
The two tractors carrying detonators and gelatin sticks were seized during a vehicle check up last night.
The explosive materials were kept in gunny bags in their vehicles, police said today.
While 600 detonators and 75 gelatin sticks were found in one tractor, the other vehicle carried 234 detonators and 200 gelatin sticks, police said, adding, it was suspected that the two were transporting the explosive materials for stone quarries in Karumanthurai area.
Cases were registered against them under various sections of Indian Explosives Substances Act, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Renault Kwid AMT ready in 800cc and 1.0-litre guise
- More typhoons expected in China next month
- Raghuram Rajan, Arvind Subramanian 'foisted' on India by Americans: Swamy
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy terms burkini as 'provocation' that supports radical Islam