Devotees faint after taking prasadam in TN
Tirumangalam: Twenty devotees were admitted to hospital following suspected food poisoning after they took palm juice and "prasadam" prepared using meat, which was offered during a temple festival here, police said on Saturday.
The devotees started vomitting and showed sysmptoms of diarrhoea after taking the palm juice and prasadam offered to the deity at Gurunathan temple here last night, police said.
Special poojas were performed last night.
They had been admitted to government hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH