Devotees faint after taking prasadam in TN
Tirumangalam: Twenty devotees were admitted to hospital following suspected food poisoning after they took palm juice and "prasadam" prepared using meat, which was offered during a temple festival here, police said on Saturday.
The devotees started vomitting and showed sysmptoms of diarrhoea after taking the palm juice and prasadam offered to the deity at Gurunathan temple here last night, police said.
Special poojas were performed last night.
They had been admitted to government hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader