This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Devotees faint after taking prasadam in TN

Last Updated: Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 12:09

Tirumangalam: Twenty devotees were admitted to hospital following suspected food poisoning after they took palm juice and "prasadam" prepared using meat, which was offered during a temple festival here, police said on Saturday.

The devotees started vomitting and showed sysmptoms of diarrhoea after taking the palm juice and prasadam offered to the deity at Gurunathan temple here last night, police said.

Special poojas were performed last night.
They had been admitted to government hospital.


First Published: Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 12:09

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus