Devotees throng Velankanni on New Year’s Day
Nagapattinam: Devotees thronged the world famous Christian pilgrim centre at Velankanni in Nagapattinam district for the New Year Celebrations.
Special mass commenced by 11:15 PM on New Year eve.
On New Year`s day, prayers and special aradhana were performed for peace and prosperity in 2013. Bishop of Thanjavur Devdoss Ambrose presided over the prayers in the presence of Velankanni parish priest Michael Adigalar.
Throughout the day, special prayers were held in many Indian languages including Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Urdu, Hindi, Konkani and Bengali.
People also thronged the temples at Tirukkadaiyur, Vaitheeswarankoil and Tirunallar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!