Dharmapuri case: AIIMS doctors to perform second autopsy on Ilavarasan`s body
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Friday ordered a second autopsy on the body of Dalit youth E Ilavarasan, by doctors from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
The autopsy will be done on Saturday.
A Division Bench comprising Justices V Dhanapalan and C T Selvam, who have been hearing the case, gave the direction based on reports submitted by two forensic experts who visited Dharmapuri yesterday.
The bench had earlier directed them to examine the body of Ilavarasan, who was found dead along a railway track at Dharmapuri on July 4, and said it would be open for them to do further clinical or surgical examination as considered necessary and inform it through a report today.
The experts were Dr Thangaraj, Head, Department of Forensic Medicine, SRM College and Research Centre, Potheri in Kancheepuram district and Dr P Sampathkumar, Professor of Forensic Medicine and Vice Principal, Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Porur in Chennai.
A seven-member expert team had submitted individual reports on the autopsy and copies were handed over to counsels concerned.
23-year-old Ilavarasan, whose marriage to a upper caste girl triggered anti-Dalit violence in three villages of Dharmapuri district in November last, was found dead along the railway track on July 4, a day after his wife said she would never go back to him.
While the post-mortem concluded he had died of serious head injuries, his family members and Dalit outfits have been maintaining that he had been done to death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27