Diamond Jubilee celebrations of TN assly postponed
Chennai: The Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of the Tamil Nadu Assembly have been postponed by a month to November, Speaker P Dhanapal announced on Wednesdey.
Instead of the originally planned schedule of October 29, the celebrations to mark 60 years of the establishment of the Assembly will be held on November 30, 2012, he said.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa will lay the foundation stone for a commemorative arch announced by her on October 29 and the election for the post of Deputy Speaker will be held on the same day, he added.
Dhanapal had resigned as Deputy Speaker recently to be elevated as Speaker following the exit of D Jayakumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!