Diamond Jubilee celebrations of TN assly postponed
Chennai: The Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of the Tamil Nadu Assembly have been postponed by a month to November, Speaker P Dhanapal announced on Wednesdey.
Instead of the originally planned schedule of October 29, the celebrations to mark 60 years of the establishment of the Assembly will be held on November 30, 2012, he said.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa will lay the foundation stone for a commemorative arch announced by her on October 29 and the election for the post of Deputy Speaker will be held on the same day, he added.
Dhanapal had resigned as Deputy Speaker recently to be elevated as Speaker following the exit of D Jayakumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport