Diamond Jubilee celebrations of TN assly postponed
Chennai: The Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of the Tamil Nadu Assembly have been postponed by a month to November, Speaker P Dhanapal announced on Wednesdey.
Instead of the originally planned schedule of October 29, the celebrations to mark 60 years of the establishment of the Assembly will be held on November 30, 2012, he said.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa will lay the foundation stone for a commemorative arch announced by her on October 29 and the election for the post of Deputy Speaker will be held on the same day, he added.
Dhanapal had resigned as Deputy Speaker recently to be elevated as Speaker following the exit of D Jayakumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price