Diamond Jubilee celebrations of TN assly postponed
Chennai: The Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of the Tamil Nadu Assembly have been postponed by a month to November, Speaker P Dhanapal announced on Wednesdey.
Instead of the originally planned schedule of October 29, the celebrations to mark 60 years of the establishment of the Assembly will be held on November 30, 2012, he said.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa will lay the foundation stone for a commemorative arch announced by her on October 29 and the election for the post of Deputy Speaker will be held on the same day, he added.
Dhanapal had resigned as Deputy Speaker recently to be elevated as Speaker following the exit of D Jayakumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian
- 17.93 lakh candidates trained under PMKVY as on July 18
- NASA's new institute to explore ways to protect astronauts
- Finally! WhatsApp adds call back and voicemail features for Android