Didn’t discuss death row convicts with Guv: Karuna
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi today
paid a courtesy visit to long-time friend and Tamil Nadu
Governor K Rosaiah at Raj Bhavan here and said he did not
discuss the issue of the death row convicts in the Rajiv
Gandhi assassination case.
The 88-year-old patriarch had expressed support for
granting clemency to three death row convicts Murugan, Santhan
"Governor Rosaiah is a long-time friend. I paid a
courtesy visit to greet him for taking over as Governor of
Tamil Nadu. I did not discuss the issue of the death row
convicts," the former chief minister told reporters in
response to questions.
Karunanidhi said he did not discuss any other issues with
the Governor and insisted it was only a "courtesy visit."
Earlier, Karunanidhi, accompanied by party`s general
secretary K Anbazhagan, exchanged pleasantries with the newly
appointed Governor, who had taken over on Wednesday.
Karunanidhi presented a shawl and bouquet to Rosaiah, a
DMK release here said, adding, the latter introduced his
family members to the DMK chief. Rosiah also inquired about
Karunanidhi`s health, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!