Didn’t discuss death row convicts with Guv: Karuna
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi today
paid a courtesy visit to long-time friend and Tamil Nadu
Governor K Rosaiah at Raj Bhavan here and said he did not
discuss the issue of the death row convicts in the Rajiv
Gandhi assassination case.
The 88-year-old patriarch had expressed support for
granting clemency to three death row convicts Murugan, Santhan
"Governor Rosaiah is a long-time friend. I paid a
courtesy visit to greet him for taking over as Governor of
Tamil Nadu. I did not discuss the issue of the death row
convicts," the former chief minister told reporters in
response to questions.
Karunanidhi said he did not discuss any other issues with
the Governor and insisted it was only a "courtesy visit."
Earlier, Karunanidhi, accompanied by party`s general
secretary K Anbazhagan, exchanged pleasantries with the newly
appointed Governor, who had taken over on Wednesday.
Karunanidhi presented a shawl and bouquet to Rosaiah, a
DMK release here said, adding, the latter introduced his
family members to the DMK chief. Rosiah also inquired about
Karunanidhi`s health, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog