Didn’t discuss death row convicts with Guv: Karuna
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi today
paid a courtesy visit to long-time friend and Tamil Nadu
Governor K Rosaiah at Raj Bhavan here and said he did not
discuss the issue of the death row convicts in the Rajiv
Gandhi assassination case.
The 88-year-old patriarch had expressed support for
granting clemency to three death row convicts Murugan, Santhan
"Governor Rosaiah is a long-time friend. I paid a
courtesy visit to greet him for taking over as Governor of
Tamil Nadu. I did not discuss the issue of the death row
convicts," the former chief minister told reporters in
response to questions.
Karunanidhi said he did not discuss any other issues with
the Governor and insisted it was only a "courtesy visit."
Earlier, Karunanidhi, accompanied by party`s general
secretary K Anbazhagan, exchanged pleasantries with the newly
appointed Governor, who had taken over on Wednesday.
Karunanidhi presented a shawl and bouquet to Rosaiah, a
DMK release here said, adding, the latter introduced his
family members to the DMK chief. Rosiah also inquired about
Karunanidhi`s health, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH