Dishonour killing? Three arrested for murdering woman in TN
Nagercoil (TN): Three persons were arrested for murdering two persons, including a newly-married woman, and seriously injuring her husband in what is suspected to be a case of dishonour killing, police said Monday.
A 21-year-old woman had left home and married a man, a painter by profession and belonging to a backward community on May 7. She later went to the local police station as her brother, who was against the relationship, had threatened her. The woman`s parents also pleaded with her to return but in vain.
The policemen had pacified both the groups and sent them away but last evening the woman`s brother and two of his friends attacked her and her father-in-law, killing them on the spot. The woman`s husband who was also stabbed, rushed out of the house and collapsed on the road, bleeding. Locals rushed him to a hospital and informed the police.
Though the three tried to escape by a car to Thiruvanathapuram in Kerala, they were arrested by police at Kuzhithurai on the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family