DMDK identifies constituencies for TN Assembly Elections
Chennai: AIADMK and DMDK on Sunday settled their
differences over constituencies as 41 seats were identified
for the latter to contest in the April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly
DMDK presidium chairman Panrutty Ramachandran said his
party founder and actor Vijayakant would approve the new list
after which the two parties would sign a formal deal.
Speaking to reporters outside the Poes Garden residence
of AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa after talks with her,
Ramachandran said the discussions have "reached the final
"DMDK`s 41 constituencies have been identified," he said
at the end of marathon talks that stretched through the night.
The announcement follows the decision of another key ally
of the AIADMK alliance, the Vaiko-led MDMK, deciding not to
contest the election in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry due to the
alleged ill-treatment meted out to it by the lead partner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'