DMDK leader Vijaykant assaults party candidate
Chennai: Actor-politician Vijayakant, whose
party DMDK is a constituent of the AIADMK-led alliance, has
stirred up a controversy after allegedly assaulting his party
candidate in full public view during his election campaign.
The leader, contesting from Rishivanthiyam constituency,
assaulted his Dharmapuri candidate Bhaskar when the latter
tried to correct Vijaykant after he misspelt his name, reports
reaching here said.
The incident occurred in full public glare as Vijayakant
was canvassing votes from an open vehicle.
Meanwhile, DMK criticised Vijayakant for his act, which has
reportedly sent shock waves among his party workers.
DMK Treasurer and Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin took a
dig at Vijaykant, saying those accompanying him during
campaigning should wear helmets.
Meanwhile, Vijaykant today created further controversy
when he asked AIADMK cadres to lower party flags during his
campaign at Ariyalur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you