DMDK leader Vijaykant assaults party candidate
Chennai: Actor-politician Vijayakant, whose
party DMDK is a constituent of the AIADMK-led alliance, has
stirred up a controversy after allegedly assaulting his party
candidate in full public view during his election campaign.
The leader, contesting from Rishivanthiyam constituency,
assaulted his Dharmapuri candidate Bhaskar when the latter
tried to correct Vijaykant after he misspelt his name, reports
reaching here said.
The incident occurred in full public glare as Vijayakant
was canvassing votes from an open vehicle.
Meanwhile, DMK criticised Vijayakant for his act, which has
reportedly sent shock waves among his party workers.
DMK Treasurer and Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin took a
dig at Vijaykant, saying those accompanying him during
campaigning should wear helmets.
Meanwhile, Vijaykant today created further controversy
when he asked AIADMK cadres to lower party flags during his
campaign at Ariyalur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama