DMDK leader Vijaykant assaults party candidate
Chennai: Actor-politician Vijayakant, whose
party DMDK is a constituent of the AIADMK-led alliance, has
stirred up a controversy after allegedly assaulting his party
candidate in full public view during his election campaign.
The leader, contesting from Rishivanthiyam constituency,
assaulted his Dharmapuri candidate Bhaskar when the latter
tried to correct Vijaykant after he misspelt his name, reports
reaching here said.
The incident occurred in full public glare as Vijayakant
was canvassing votes from an open vehicle.
Meanwhile, DMK criticised Vijayakant for his act, which has
reportedly sent shock waves among his party workers.
DMK Treasurer and Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin took a
dig at Vijaykant, saying those accompanying him during
campaigning should wear helmets.
Meanwhile, Vijaykant today created further controversy
when he asked AIADMK cadres to lower party flags during his
campaign at Ariyalur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing