DMDK leader Vijaykant assaults party candidate
Chennai: Actor-politician Vijayakant, whose
party DMDK is a constituent of the AIADMK-led alliance, has
stirred up a controversy after allegedly assaulting his party
candidate in full public view during his election campaign.
The leader, contesting from Rishivanthiyam constituency,
assaulted his Dharmapuri candidate Bhaskar when the latter
tried to correct Vijaykant after he misspelt his name, reports
reaching here said.
The incident occurred in full public glare as Vijayakant
was canvassing votes from an open vehicle.
Meanwhile, DMK criticised Vijayakant for his act, which has
reportedly sent shock waves among his party workers.
DMK Treasurer and Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin took a
dig at Vijaykant, saying those accompanying him during
campaigning should wear helmets.
Meanwhile, Vijaykant today created further controversy
when he asked AIADMK cadres to lower party flags during his
campaign at Ariyalur district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists