DMDK MLA and district secretary arrested
Salem (TN): An MLA and district secretary of Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam were on Wednesday arrested for allegedly violating prohibitory orders and preventing police vehicles from proceeding during a DMDK meeting a couple of days ago, a top police official said.
Mettur MLA S R Parthiban and DMDK district secretary N Radhakrishnan were arrested in connection with cases booked against them under IPC sections including 188, Salem Superintendent of Police Aswin Kotnis said.
The arrest comes a day after DMDK Taluk secretary Karuppuzhagi was taken into custody and cases registered against eight others, including DMDK`s Gengavalli MLA S Suba, for allegedly making some remarks against Chief Minister Jayalalithaa at a public meeting at Talavasal in the district on Monday night.
DMDK, the main opposition party in Tamil Nadu, is led by actor-politician Vijayakant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'