DMDK MLA and district secretary arrested
Salem (TN): An MLA and district secretary of Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam were on Wednesday arrested for allegedly violating prohibitory orders and preventing police vehicles from proceeding during a DMDK meeting a couple of days ago, a top police official said.
Mettur MLA S R Parthiban and DMDK district secretary N Radhakrishnan were arrested in connection with cases booked against them under IPC sections including 188, Salem Superintendent of Police Aswin Kotnis said.
The arrest comes a day after DMDK Taluk secretary Karuppuzhagi was taken into custody and cases registered against eight others, including DMDK`s Gengavalli MLA S Suba, for allegedly making some remarks against Chief Minister Jayalalithaa at a public meeting at Talavasal in the district on Monday night.
DMDK, the main opposition party in Tamil Nadu, is led by actor-politician Vijayakant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened