DMDK MLA facing land grab charges re-arrested
Tiruvallur (Tamil Nadu): Days after Madras High Court cancelled his bail in a land grabbing case, an absconding DMDK MLA was arrested on Monday by a Tamil Nadu police team from Andhra Pradesh.
Acting on information that Arun Subramanian was hiding in a lodge in Mantralayam in Kurnool District of Andhra Pradesh, a special police team raided the place and arrested him, police said here.
Subramanian, elected from Tiruttani constituency in the district, was first arrested in July last year for allegedly occupying a land owned by Tiruvallur Municipality near Chennai.
He was granted bail by a court here on the ground that he, as an MLA, had to vote in the then Presidential polls.
However, later police approached the Madras High Court seeking cancellation of his bail stating that the DMDK led by actor-politician Vijaykant had boycotted the presidential polls and the plea was allowed last week.
The MLA would be brought here after obtaining a transit warrant from a local court in Andhra Pradesh, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP