DMDK MLA facing land grab charges re-arrested
Tiruvallur (Tamil Nadu): Days after Madras High Court cancelled his bail in a land grabbing case, an absconding DMDK MLA was arrested on Monday by a Tamil Nadu police team from Andhra Pradesh.
Acting on information that Arun Subramanian was hiding in a lodge in Mantralayam in Kurnool District of Andhra Pradesh, a special police team raided the place and arrested him, police said here.
Subramanian, elected from Tiruttani constituency in the district, was first arrested in July last year for allegedly occupying a land owned by Tiruvallur Municipality near Chennai.
He was granted bail by a court here on the ground that he, as an MLA, had to vote in the then Presidential polls.
However, later police approached the Madras High Court seeking cancellation of his bail stating that the DMDK led by actor-politician Vijaykant had boycotted the presidential polls and the plea was allowed last week.
The MLA would be brought here after obtaining a transit warrant from a local court in Andhra Pradesh, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report