DMDK MLA facing land grab charges re-arrested
Tiruvallur: Days after Madras High Court cancelled his bail in a land grabbing case, an absconding DMDK MLA was arrested on Monday by a Tamil Nadu police team from Andhra Pradesh.
Acting on information that Arun Subramanian was hiding in a lodge in Mantralayam in Kurnool District of Andhra Pradesh, a special police team raided the place and arrested him, police said here.
Subramanian, elected from Tiruttani constituency in the district, was first arrested in July last year for allegedly occupying a land owned by Tiruvallur Municipality near Chennai.
He was granted bail by a court here on the ground that he, as an MLA, had to vote in the then Presidential polls.
However, later police approached the Madras High Court seeking cancellation of his bail stating that the DMDK led by actor-politician Vijaykant had boycotted the presidential polls and the plea was allowed last week.
The MLA would be brought here after obtaining a transit warrant from a local court in Andhra Pradesh, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell