DMDK MLA facing land grab charges re-arrested
Tiruvallur: Days after Madras High Court cancelled his bail in a land grabbing case, an absconding DMDK MLA was arrested on Monday by a Tamil Nadu police team from Andhra Pradesh.
Acting on information that Arun Subramanian was hiding in a lodge in Mantralayam in Kurnool District of Andhra Pradesh, a special police team raided the place and arrested him, police said here.
Subramanian, elected from Tiruttani constituency in the district, was first arrested in July last year for allegedly occupying a land owned by Tiruvallur Municipality near Chennai.
He was granted bail by a court here on the ground that he, as an MLA, had to vote in the then Presidential polls.
However, later police approached the Madras High Court seeking cancellation of his bail stating that the DMDK led by actor-politician Vijaykant had boycotted the presidential polls and the plea was allowed last week.
The MLA would be brought here after obtaining a transit warrant from a local court in Andhra Pradesh, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand