DMDK MLA facing land grab charges re-arrested
Tiruvallur: Days after Madras High Court cancelled his bail in a land grabbing case, an absconding DMDK MLA was arrested on Monday by a Tamil Nadu police team from Andhra Pradesh.
Acting on information that Arun Subramanian was hiding in a lodge in Mantralayam in Kurnool District of Andhra Pradesh, a special police team raided the place and arrested him, police said here.
Subramanian, elected from Tiruttani constituency in the district, was first arrested in July last year for allegedly occupying a land owned by Tiruvallur Municipality near Chennai.
He was granted bail by a court here on the ground that he, as an MLA, had to vote in the then Presidential polls.
However, later police approached the Madras High Court seeking cancellation of his bail stating that the DMDK led by actor-politician Vijaykant had boycotted the presidential polls and the plea was allowed last week.
The MLA would be brought here after obtaining a transit warrant from a local court in Andhra Pradesh, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire