DMDK MLA held on his mother`s complaint
Madurai: DMDK MLA of Tiruparankunram constituency AKT Raja has been arrested on a complaint from his mother over an alleged land grabbing case and remanded to judicial custody, police said.
They said the woman had stated in her complaint that her son had taken control of 50 acres of properties at Chettiapatti through a gift deed. He then allegedly asked his mother to move out last week.
The MLA is the only son of the woman, who also has five daughters.
Police registered a case against the MLA yesterday under land grabbing act and criminal intimidation sec of IPC.
Tension prevailed in the police station for some time as the MLA`s supporters gathered there after his arrest and demanded his release. But police said they brought the situation under control by dispersing them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption