DMDK MLA held on his mother`s complaint
Madurai: DMDK MLA of Tiruparankunram constituency AKT Raja has been arrested on a complaint from his mother over an alleged land grabbing case and remanded to judicial custody, police said.
They said the woman had stated in her complaint that her son had taken control of 50 acres of properties at Chettiapatti through a gift deed. He then allegedly asked his mother to move out last week.
The MLA is the only son of the woman, who also has five daughters.
Police registered a case against the MLA yesterday under land grabbing act and criminal intimidation sec of IPC.
Tension prevailed in the police station for some time as the MLA`s supporters gathered there after his arrest and demanded his release. But police said they brought the situation under control by dispersing them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29