DMDK stages walkout from TN Assembly; DMK members evicted
Chennai: Opposition DMDK Friday staged a walkout from the House while DMK members were evicted after the Speaker declined to accept their request to expunge a word used by Housing Minister Vaithilingam from Assembly records.
After the question hour, DMDK`s Alagaapuram R Mohan Raj said when his party members walked out of the House yesterday over the building collapse issue, Housing Minister Vaithilingam had used a word, which, he said, was unparliamentary and wanted it to be expunged.
DMK`s Durai Murugan said the word was published in a newspaper and brought disrepute to the House and its members. He also wanted the word to be expunged from Assembly records.
DMK and DMDK members were on their feet after Speaker P Dhanapal declined to accept their request. While the DMDK members staged a walkout, DMK members were later evicted by House Marshals on Speaker`s order.
Puthiya Thamizhagam`s K Krishnasamy too staged a walkout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued