DMDK stages walkout from TN Assembly; DMK members evicted
Chennai: Opposition DMDK Friday staged a walkout from the House while DMK members were evicted after the Speaker declined to accept their request to expunge a word used by Housing Minister Vaithilingam from Assembly records.
After the question hour, DMDK`s Alagaapuram R Mohan Raj said when his party members walked out of the House yesterday over the building collapse issue, Housing Minister Vaithilingam had used a word, which, he said, was unparliamentary and wanted it to be expunged.
DMK`s Durai Murugan said the word was published in a newspaper and brought disrepute to the House and its members. He also wanted the word to be expunged from Assembly records.
DMK and DMDK members were on their feet after Speaker P Dhanapal declined to accept their request. While the DMDK members staged a walkout, DMK members were later evicted by House Marshals on Speaker`s order.
Puthiya Thamizhagam`s K Krishnasamy too staged a walkout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?