DMDK stages walkout from TN Assembly; DMK members evicted
Chennai: Opposition DMDK Friday staged a walkout from the House while DMK members were evicted after the Speaker declined to accept their request to expunge a word used by Housing Minister Vaithilingam from Assembly records.
After the question hour, DMDK`s Alagaapuram R Mohan Raj said when his party members walked out of the House yesterday over the building collapse issue, Housing Minister Vaithilingam had used a word, which, he said, was unparliamentary and wanted it to be expunged.
DMK`s Durai Murugan said the word was published in a newspaper and brought disrepute to the House and its members. He also wanted the word to be expunged from Assembly records.
DMK and DMDK members were on their feet after Speaker P Dhanapal declined to accept their request. While the DMDK members staged a walkout, DMK members were later evicted by House Marshals on Speaker`s order.
Puthiya Thamizhagam`s K Krishnasamy too staged a walkout.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks