DMDK stages walkout from TN Assembly; DMK members evicted
Chennai: Opposition DMDK Friday staged a walkout from the House while DMK members were evicted after the Speaker declined to accept their request to expunge a word used by Housing Minister Vaithilingam from Assembly records.
After the question hour, DMDK`s Alagaapuram R Mohan Raj said when his party members walked out of the House yesterday over the building collapse issue, Housing Minister Vaithilingam had used a word, which, he said, was unparliamentary and wanted it to be expunged.
DMK`s Durai Murugan said the word was published in a newspaper and brought disrepute to the House and its members. He also wanted the word to be expunged from Assembly records.
DMK and DMDK members were on their feet after Speaker P Dhanapal declined to accept their request. While the DMDK members staged a walkout, DMK members were later evicted by House Marshals on Speaker`s order.
Puthiya Thamizhagam`s K Krishnasamy too staged a walkout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev