DMDK to boycott Presidential poll
Chennai: Actor Vijaykanth-led DMDK, the main opposition party in the 235-member Tamil Nadu Assembly, on Tuesday decided to boycott the forthcoming Presidential poll, accusing the Centre of not taking any concrete step to resolve issues confronting the state.
"People of Tamil Nadu cast their votes in every election. But they are only deceived by the Centre and its alliance partners, who never took any step to solve their problems," Vijayakanth, whose party has 29 members in the House, said in a statement.
In this context, it was better to stay away from the Presidential election and hence his party has decided to boycott the polls, he said.
He cited various issues such as the Mullaiperiyar row with Kerala, non-inclusion of Tamil as official language, inter- linking of rivers, Sri Lankan-Tamils issue and attack on Tamil Nadu fishermen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical