DMDK to fast against milk price and bus fare
Chennai: DMDK founder Vijayakant on Monday announced that his party will organise a one-day fast in all
district headquarters against the recent hike in milk prices
and bus ticket fares on November 24.
The hike would double the spending of a family, the actor
politician said in a release.
Referring to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s contention that
the move was to save transport corporations and the state-run
Aavin, he said that his party was concerned about the spending
burden on the people.
The fast would be between 8 am and 5 pm, he said.
Meanwhile, BJP also announced a one-day token fast against
the price hike in Chennai tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian