DMDK to fast against milk price and bus fare
Chennai: DMDK founder Vijayakant on Monday announced that his party will organise a one-day fast in all
district headquarters against the recent hike in milk prices
and bus ticket fares on November 24.
The hike would double the spending of a family, the actor
politician said in a release.
Referring to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s contention that
the move was to save transport corporations and the state-run
Aavin, he said that his party was concerned about the spending
burden on the people.
The fast would be between 8 am and 5 pm, he said.
Meanwhile, BJP also announced a one-day token fast against
the price hike in Chennai tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months