DMDK to fast against milk price and bus fare
Chennai: DMDK founder Vijayakant on Monday announced that his party will organise a one-day fast in all
district headquarters against the recent hike in milk prices
and bus ticket fares on November 24.
The hike would double the spending of a family, the actor
politician said in a release.
Referring to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s contention that
the move was to save transport corporations and the state-run
Aavin, he said that his party was concerned about the spending
burden on the people.
The fast would be between 8 am and 5 pm, he said.
Meanwhile, BJP also announced a one-day token fast against
the price hike in Chennai tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets