DMDK to fast against milk price and bus fare
Chennai: DMDK founder Vijayakant on Monday announced that his party will organise a one-day fast in all
district headquarters against the recent hike in milk prices
and bus ticket fares on November 24.
The hike would double the spending of a family, the actor
politician said in a release.
Referring to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s contention that
the move was to save transport corporations and the state-run
Aavin, he said that his party was concerned about the spending
burden on the people.
The fast would be between 8 am and 5 pm, he said.
Meanwhile, BJP also announced a one-day token fast against
the price hike in Chennai tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'