DMDK to fast against milk price and bus fare
Chennai: DMDK founder Vijayakant on Monday announced that his party will organise a one-day fast in all
district headquarters against the recent hike in milk prices
and bus ticket fares on November 24.
The hike would double the spending of a family, the actor
politician said in a release.
Referring to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s contention that
the move was to save transport corporations and the state-run
Aavin, he said that his party was concerned about the spending
burden on the people.
The fast would be between 8 am and 5 pm, he said.
Meanwhile, BJP also announced a one-day token fast against
the price hike in Chennai tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani