DMDK to take part in Sept 20 oppn protest
Chennai: Opposition DMDK Monday extended its support for the September 20 coordinated agitational programmes announced by Left parties and others against the recent hike in diesel price.
Party founder and Opposition Leader in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, Vijayakant, announced supporting the move by Left parties, SP and JD (S), BJD and TDP.
In a statement here, Vijayakant also requested the support of people, saying this protest would help end ruling UPA`s "wrong economic policies."
The Centre had hiked price of diesel by Rs five last week in tune with rising global crude prices and rupee depreciation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi