DMDK to take part in Sept 20 oppn protest
Chennai: Opposition DMDK Monday extended its support for the September 20 coordinated agitational programmes announced by Left parties and others against the recent hike in diesel price.
Party founder and Opposition Leader in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, Vijayakant, announced supporting the move by Left parties, SP and JD (S), BJD and TDP.
In a statement here, Vijayakant also requested the support of people, saying this protest would help end ruling UPA`s "wrong economic policies."
The Centre had hiked price of diesel by Rs five last week in tune with rising global crude prices and rupee depreciation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf