DMDK to take part in Sept 20 oppn protest
Chennai: Opposition DMDK Monday extended its support for the September 20 coordinated agitational programmes announced by Left parties and others against the recent hike in diesel price.
Party founder and Opposition Leader in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, Vijayakant, announced supporting the move by Left parties, SP and JD (S), BJD and TDP.
In a statement here, Vijayakant also requested the support of people, saying this protest would help end ruling UPA`s "wrong economic policies."
The Centre had hiked price of diesel by Rs five last week in tune with rising global crude prices and rupee depreciation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days