DMDK won`t lead debates for current TN assembly session
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker P Dhanapal today said the principal Opposition DMDK would not be permitted to initiate debate on any issue till the ongoing assembly session ends as they have been "frequently disturbing" the House proceedings by raking up "frivolous" issues.
The speaker announced in the assembly that the decision to this effect was taken after consulting all parties. As per convention, the principal Opposition party would initiate the debate on various issues in the assembly.
Members of Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) protested the decision and urged the Speaker to reverse it, and when the Chair refused, they trooped into the well of the House, staged dharna and raised slogans.
Following the dharna, the speaker directed the Marshals to evict the protesting DMDK members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor