DMDK won`t lead debates for current TN assembly session
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker P Dhanapal today said the principal Opposition DMDK would not be permitted to initiate debate on any issue till the ongoing assembly session ends as they have been "frequently disturbing" the House proceedings by raking up "frivolous" issues.
The speaker announced in the assembly that the decision to this effect was taken after consulting all parties. As per convention, the principal Opposition party would initiate the debate on various issues in the assembly.
Members of Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) protested the decision and urged the Speaker to reverse it, and when the Chair refused, they trooped into the well of the House, staged dharna and raised slogans.
Following the dharna, the speaker directed the Marshals to evict the protesting DMDK members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman