DMK, AIADMK stage walkout in Puducherry Assembly
Puducherry: The DMK and AIADMK on Saturday staged a walkout during the Zero Hour in Puducherry Assembly after the Speaker refused them permission to raise the issue of three death row convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
The legislators wanted a resolution similar to the one passed in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, asking the President to reconsider rejection of the mercy petitions of the three
Speaker V Sabapathy did not allow the legislators to raise the issue, calling it "sub-judice". DMK legislators followed by the AIADMK ones staged a walkout.
Later, AIADMK leader A Anbalagan told reporters, that he had also sought a resolution to urge the Centre to impose economic sanctions on Sri Lanka in view of its alleged war
crimes against the Tamils there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog