DMK, AIADMK stage walkout in Puducherry Assembly
Puducherry: The DMK and AIADMK on Saturday staged a walkout during the Zero Hour in Puducherry Assembly after the Speaker refused them permission to raise the issue of three death row convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
The legislators wanted a resolution similar to the one passed in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, asking the President to reconsider rejection of the mercy petitions of the three
Speaker V Sabapathy did not allow the legislators to raise the issue, calling it "sub-judice". DMK legislators followed by the AIADMK ones staged a walkout.
Later, AIADMK leader A Anbalagan told reporters, that he had also sought a resolution to urge the Centre to impose economic sanctions on Sri Lanka in view of its alleged war
crimes against the Tamils there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Kejriwal chides Goa CM over tainted relative
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet brings cheers for Armed forces; salary more than doubled
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez confident Lionel Messi will reverse his decision to retire
- 7th Pay Commission: Demand to push growth; modest risk to inflation
- Court orders Vijay Mallya to appear on July 29