DMK allots three seats to IUML
Chennai: DMK on Saturday allotted three seats to
Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) for the upcoming Assembly
polls in Tamil Nadu, making it the second party after the PMK
to clinch a seat-sharing deal with the ruling party.
IUML will fight the elections on the DMK`s symbol, the
rising Sun, as it did in the 2006 elections when it was
alloted two seats.
The deal was finalised at a meeting between DMK President
M Karunanidhi and IUML chief Khader Mohideen, a DMK release
DMK has managed to bring back the PMK, a party of the
Backward Vanniayar community, into its alliance apportioning
31 seats to the party.
But the ruling party is yet to clinch the deal with
Congress even after two rounds of seat-sharing talks were held
amid tough bargaining by both.
Congress was said to be demanding over 80 of the 234
seats at stake besides a share in power in the event of the
alliance emerging victorious, but the DMK is reported to be
disinclined to the proposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP