DMK allots three seats to IUML
Chennai: DMK on Saturday allotted three seats to
Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) for the upcoming Assembly
polls in Tamil Nadu, making it the second party after the PMK
to clinch a seat-sharing deal with the ruling party.
IUML will fight the elections on the DMK`s symbol, the
rising Sun, as it did in the 2006 elections when it was
alloted two seats.
The deal was finalised at a meeting between DMK President
M Karunanidhi and IUML chief Khader Mohideen, a DMK release
DMK has managed to bring back the PMK, a party of the
Backward Vanniayar community, into its alliance apportioning
31 seats to the party.
But the ruling party is yet to clinch the deal with
Congress even after two rounds of seat-sharing talks were held
amid tough bargaining by both.
Congress was said to be demanding over 80 of the 234
seats at stake besides a share in power in the event of the
alliance emerging victorious, but the DMK is reported to be
disinclined to the proposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31