DMK announces candidate for bypoll
Chennai: DMK Friday named V Maran as its candidate for the byelection to the Yercaud (ST) assembly constituency to be held on December 4.
Party chief M Karunanidhi told reporters here that out of 42 contenders, Maran, a post graduate in business administration, was chosen after an interview session presided over by him.
Other senior leaders, including DMK Treasurer M K Stalin and Duraimurugan, also participated in the session.
The announcement of the candidate for the bypoll came days after Karunanidhi writing to all opposition parties seeking their support for its nominee to put up a united fight against the ruling AIADMK.
The CPI-M and CPI have already rejected his appeal, pointing out to DMK`s association with the UPA in the past and being a party to various `anti-people` policies.
The bypoll has been necessitated by the death of AIADMK MLA C Perumal, 62, in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir