DMK announces candidate for bypoll
Chennai: DMK Friday named V Maran as its candidate for the byelection to the Yercaud (ST) assembly constituency to be held on December 4.
Party chief M Karunanidhi told reporters here that out of 42 contenders, Maran, a post graduate in business administration, was chosen after an interview session presided over by him.
Other senior leaders, including DMK Treasurer M K Stalin and Duraimurugan, also participated in the session.
The announcement of the candidate for the bypoll came days after Karunanidhi writing to all opposition parties seeking their support for its nominee to put up a united fight against the ruling AIADMK.
The CPI-M and CPI have already rejected his appeal, pointing out to DMK`s association with the UPA in the past and being a party to various `anti-people` policies.
The bypoll has been necessitated by the death of AIADMK MLA C Perumal, 62, in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad