DMK announces candidate for bypoll
Chennai: DMK Friday named V Maran as its candidate for the byelection to the Yercaud (ST) assembly constituency to be held on December 4.
Party chief M Karunanidhi told reporters here that out of 42 contenders, Maran, a post graduate in business administration, was chosen after an interview session presided over by him.
Other senior leaders, including DMK Treasurer M K Stalin and Duraimurugan, also participated in the session.
The announcement of the candidate for the bypoll came days after Karunanidhi writing to all opposition parties seeking their support for its nominee to put up a united fight against the ruling AIADMK.
The CPI-M and CPI have already rejected his appeal, pointing out to DMK`s association with the UPA in the past and being a party to various `anti-people` policies.
The bypoll has been necessitated by the death of AIADMK MLA C Perumal, 62, in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open