DMK-backed TESO resolutions handed over to UN
Chennai: DMK treasurer MK Stalin has submitted to the United Nations the party-backed TESO resolutions seeking redressal to problems faced by Sri Lankan Tamils in that country.
Party leaders Stalin and TR Baalu submitted the resolutions to United Nations Deputy General Secretary Jan Eliasson yesterday and interacted with him for about 30 minutes, a DMK press release here said.
They urged that UN play a role in areas including resettlement of Tamils displaced due to the internal conflict and ensure a honourable life for them.
Karunanidhi had earlier announced that Stalin and Baalu would hand over the Tamil Eelam Supporters` Organisation (TESO) resolutions passed during its conference here in August to the UN.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming