DMK-backed TESO resolutions handed over to UN
Chennai: DMK treasurer MK Stalin has submitted to the United Nations the party-backed TESO resolutions seeking redressal to problems faced by Sri Lankan Tamils in that country.
Party leaders Stalin and TR Baalu submitted the resolutions to United Nations Deputy General Secretary Jan Eliasson yesterday and interacted with him for about 30 minutes, a DMK press release here said.
They urged that UN play a role in areas including resettlement of Tamils displaced due to the internal conflict and ensure a honourable life for them.
Karunanidhi had earlier announced that Stalin and Baalu would hand over the Tamil Eelam Supporters` Organisation (TESO) resolutions passed during its conference here in August to the UN.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal