DMK-backed TESO resolutions handed over to UN
Chennai: DMK treasurer MK Stalin has submitted to the United Nations the party-backed TESO resolutions seeking redressal to problems faced by Sri Lankan Tamils in that country.
Party leaders Stalin and TR Baalu submitted the resolutions to United Nations Deputy General Secretary Jan Eliasson yesterday and interacted with him for about 30 minutes, a DMK press release here said.
They urged that UN play a role in areas including resettlement of Tamils displaced due to the internal conflict and ensure a honourable life for them.
Karunanidhi had earlier announced that Stalin and Baalu would hand over the Tamil Eelam Supporters` Organisation (TESO) resolutions passed during its conference here in August to the UN.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video