DMK backs Khushboo, issues gag order
Chennai: Backing party leader and actor Khushboo Sundar who faced violent protests over her controversial remarks on party Treasurer M K Stalin`s elevation, DMK on Friday issued a gag order to its members as it hinted that those behind the "barbaric attacks" could be from the party itself.
A statement from DMK headquarters said a section of people who constantly attempt to create rift between senior leaders had "unsuccessfully conspired to" see the exit of Khushboo.
Disappointed over their failure to see her way out, they had attacked her house and even "intimidated her children," it said.
"Even after this, angry that she had not been expelled from the party, they had issued wrong reports in evening (vernacular) dailies that DMK was going to remove her from the party," it said.
DMK will find out who were behind the "barbaric" attacks on her and "take action in line with party rules," the statement added.
None should issue unilateral statements on this issue and they are being "warned forthwith" to stop doing so, it said.
Khushboo faced flak for her reported remarks that mere statement by the DMK patriarch would not ensure Stalin`s elevation as the next party chief as it is the decision-making bodies in DMK which will take a call on such matters.
Footwears were hurled at her in Tiruchirappalli on Thursday by persons who shouted slogans saying she was "anti-DMK and anti-Stalin," while her house in Chennai was stoned.
She has said her statement was misinterpreted and that she was loyal to the party and its leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state