DMK boycotts Tamil Nadu budget
Chennai: Protesting against the issues,
including "foisting" of cases against its partymen, DMK MLAs
led by their Legislature Party leader M K Stalin on Thursday
boycotted the Tamil Nadu Budget, presented by the AIADMK
Minutes before Finance Minister O Panneerselvam rose to
present the first full-fledged budget of the year, and the
first after Jayalalithaa-led AIADMK came to power, Stalin
rose and started making some remarks.
Speaker D Jayakumar denied permission to Stalin to speak
but the DMK Treasurer proceeded and later staged a walkout
followed by party MLAs, including former Ministers
Duraimurugan and A V Velu.
Later, speaking to reporters outside the House, Stalin said
his party had walked out protesting the "foisting" of land
grab cases against his partymen, and the issue of Samacheer
Kalvi (Uniform System of School Education).
He also complained of inadequate seating arrangements for
the DMK in the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah