DMK calls for boycott of schools, colleges
Chennai: Opposition DMK on Tuesday gave a call
for boycott of schools and colleges on July 29 to press its
demand for immediate implementation of the uniform system of
school education (USSE) in Tamil Nadu.
The student, youth and several other wings of the party
took the decision as leaders of various political parties had
expressed their support to the implementation of `Samacheer
Kalvi` (USSE), introduced by the previous DMK government, a
party release said.
Accusing the AIADMK government of going all out to scrap
the USSE system, the DMK appealed to teachers and students to
observe the protest in a "peaceful manner".
The state government has filed a special leave petition
in the Supreme Court challenging the order of the Madras High
Court asking it to implement Samacheer Kalvi in schools across
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!
- Microsoft improves OneDrive photos, adds 'Pokemon Go' detector