DMK calls for boycott of schools, colleges
Chennai: Opposition DMK on Tuesday gave a call
for boycott of schools and colleges on July 29 to press its
demand for immediate implementation of the uniform system of
school education (USSE) in Tamil Nadu.
The student, youth and several other wings of the party
took the decision as leaders of various political parties had
expressed their support to the implementation of `Samacheer
Kalvi` (USSE), introduced by the previous DMK government, a
party release said.
Accusing the AIADMK government of going all out to scrap
the USSE system, the DMK appealed to teachers and students to
observe the protest in a "peaceful manner".
The state government has filed a special leave petition
in the Supreme Court challenging the order of the Madras High
Court asking it to implement Samacheer Kalvi in schools across
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- West Indies vs India: 2nd T20I — As it happened...
- Shocking! China man jumps underneath moving truck in dramatic video – Watch what happens next
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report