DMK calls for boycott of schools, colleges
Chennai: Opposition DMK on Tuesday gave a call
for boycott of schools and colleges on July 29 to press its
demand for immediate implementation of the uniform system of
school education (USSE) in Tamil Nadu.
The student, youth and several other wings of the party
took the decision as leaders of various political parties had
expressed their support to the implementation of `Samacheer
Kalvi` (USSE), introduced by the previous DMK government, a
party release said.
Accusing the AIADMK government of going all out to scrap
the USSE system, the DMK appealed to teachers and students to
observe the protest in a "peaceful manner".
The state government has filed a special leave petition
in the Supreme Court challenging the order of the Madras High
Court asking it to implement Samacheer Kalvi in schools across
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY