DMK calls for boycott of schools, colleges
Chennai: Opposition DMK on Tuesday gave a call
for boycott of schools and colleges on July 29 to press its
demand for immediate implementation of the uniform system of
school education (USSE) in Tamil Nadu.
The student, youth and several other wings of the party
took the decision as leaders of various political parties had
expressed their support to the implementation of `Samacheer
Kalvi` (USSE), introduced by the previous DMK government, a
party release said.
Accusing the AIADMK government of going all out to scrap
the USSE system, the DMK appealed to teachers and students to
observe the protest in a "peaceful manner".
The state government has filed a special leave petition
in the Supreme Court challenging the order of the Madras High
Court asking it to implement Samacheer Kalvi in schools across
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'