DMK complains of poll code violation by AIADMK
Chennai: Opposition DMK on Saturday made yet another complaint of violation of model code of conduct against ruling AIADMK with the Election Commission of India, charging a state government employee with canvassing for votes in the bypoll-bound Yercaud (ST) constituency in Salem.
In a petition to Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral office Praveen Kumar, DMK Organising Secretary TKS Elangovan charged Loganathan, a government noon meal scheme co-ordinator at a local school, with canvassing for AIADMK candidate P Saroja alongwith the Highways Minister Edappadi Palanisamy.
A section of local media had reported this along with photographs, he said, recalling that the party had been repeatedly taking up cases of violation of model code of conduct against ruling AIADMK.
"Until and unless stringent action is taken against the said Loganathan, co-ordinator of government noon meal scheme at Kakkampadi Village Primary School, there will not be any moral fear of the Election Commission for the government officials who are campaigning for the ruling AIADMK candidate throwing the rules and Model Code of Conduct of the Election Commission in the air," he said.
Arch-rivals DMK and AIADMK are locked in a bitter battle in the December 4 Assembly bypoll, which was necessitated following the death of AIADMK`s C Perumal.
DMK`s V Marana and AIADMK`s P Saroja, Perumal`s wife, are in the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?