DMK complains of poll code violation by AIADMK
Chennai: Opposition DMK on Saturday made yet another complaint of violation of model code of conduct against ruling AIADMK with the Election Commission of India, charging a state government employee with canvassing for votes in the bypoll-bound Yercaud (ST) constituency in Salem.
In a petition to Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral office Praveen Kumar, DMK Organising Secretary TKS Elangovan charged Loganathan, a government noon meal scheme co-ordinator at a local school, with canvassing for AIADMK candidate P Saroja alongwith the Highways Minister Edappadi Palanisamy.
A section of local media had reported this along with photographs, he said, recalling that the party had been repeatedly taking up cases of violation of model code of conduct against ruling AIADMK.
"Until and unless stringent action is taken against the said Loganathan, co-ordinator of government noon meal scheme at Kakkampadi Village Primary School, there will not be any moral fear of the Election Commission for the government officials who are campaigning for the ruling AIADMK candidate throwing the rules and Model Code of Conduct of the Election Commission in the air," he said.
Arch-rivals DMK and AIADMK are locked in a bitter battle in the December 4 Assembly bypoll, which was necessitated following the death of AIADMK`s C Perumal.
DMK`s V Marana and AIADMK`s P Saroja, Perumal`s wife, are in the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional