DMK complains of poll code violation by AIADMK
Chennai: Opposition DMK on Saturday made yet another complaint of violation of model code of conduct against ruling AIADMK with the Election Commission of India, charging a state government employee with canvassing for votes in the bypoll-bound Yercaud (ST) constituency in Salem.
In a petition to Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral office Praveen Kumar, DMK Organising Secretary TKS Elangovan charged Loganathan, a government noon meal scheme co-ordinator at a local school, with canvassing for AIADMK candidate P Saroja alongwith the Highways Minister Edappadi Palanisamy.
A section of local media had reported this along with photographs, he said, recalling that the party had been repeatedly taking up cases of violation of model code of conduct against ruling AIADMK.
"Until and unless stringent action is taken against the said Loganathan, co-ordinator of government noon meal scheme at Kakkampadi Village Primary School, there will not be any moral fear of the Election Commission for the government officials who are campaigning for the ruling AIADMK candidate throwing the rules and Model Code of Conduct of the Election Commission in the air," he said.
Arch-rivals DMK and AIADMK are locked in a bitter battle in the December 4 Assembly bypoll, which was necessitated following the death of AIADMK`s C Perumal.
DMK`s V Marana and AIADMK`s P Saroja, Perumal`s wife, are in the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`