DMK complaint to Election Observer
Salem: The DMK on Tuesday charged ruling AIADMK with distributing cash in the Yercaud Assembly by-election and lodged a complaint with the Election Observer seeking transfer of the District Collector to ensure fair polling.
In its 106-page complaint submitted to observer Ravi Prakash Arora by DMK Election Committee members Pon Ramalingam, TM Selvaganapathy and District Secretary Sivalingam, the party complained against the Collector and said unless he was transferred there would not be fair polling.
They alleged that government assistance and cash were being distributed at night and apprehended that the AIADMK might plan to capture booths in hilly areas.
Polling in Yercaud Assembly constituency will be held on December 04. The bypoll has been necessitated following the death of AIADMK MLA C Perumal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit