DMK complaint to Election Observer
Salem: The DMK on Tuesday charged ruling AIADMK with distributing cash in the Yercaud Assembly by-election and lodged a complaint with the Election Observer seeking transfer of the District Collector to ensure fair polling.
In its 106-page complaint submitted to observer Ravi Prakash Arora by DMK Election Committee members Pon Ramalingam, TM Selvaganapathy and District Secretary Sivalingam, the party complained against the Collector and said unless he was transferred there would not be fair polling.
They alleged that government assistance and cash were being distributed at night and apprehended that the AIADMK might plan to capture booths in hilly areas.
Polling in Yercaud Assembly constituency will be held on December 04. The bypoll has been necessitated following the death of AIADMK MLA C Perumal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’