DMK complaint to Election Observer
Salem: The DMK on Tuesday charged ruling AIADMK with distributing cash in the Yercaud Assembly by-election and lodged a complaint with the Election Observer seeking transfer of the District Collector to ensure fair polling.
In its 106-page complaint submitted to observer Ravi Prakash Arora by DMK Election Committee members Pon Ramalingam, TM Selvaganapathy and District Secretary Sivalingam, the party complained against the Collector and said unless he was transferred there would not be fair polling.
They alleged that government assistance and cash were being distributed at night and apprehended that the AIADMK might plan to capture booths in hilly areas.
Polling in Yercaud Assembly constituency will be held on December 04. The bypoll has been necessitated following the death of AIADMK MLA C Perumal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan